Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What's that buzzzing noise?

Oh wait. That buzzing noise would be the fatigue, boredom, and annoyance in the back of my head. As they grow in intensity, so does the buzzing noise. It's sorta like a florescent light in an office just as it begins to go out [if I remember right, this is caused by a failing power inverter]. As it starts to go out, it begins to buzz slightly and you might even notice a slight flicker. As it continues to expire, you really notice it more as the buzzing becomes more prominent and the flickering more distracting. Typically I have an episode of "blank stare" syndrome when I get like this, which I've avoided so far tonight, but is a great indicator that I need to relax and get some sleep.

So, I sorta disappeared for a little while there. I wonder if there were any fanciful stories made up as to how I did on the PTCB Exam?! Did I do so horridly on the test, that I quite my job and ran for the hills? Oh! Maybe I did so amazing, that I found a new found sense of belonging and forgot about blogging! Na, I think I passed it but I won't find out my score until the 1st of December. Three weeks.

At first, I couldn't see why I have to wait three weeks for my results, since the exam was done on a computer! I know it KNOWS how well I did! Yet, after reading the PTCB Scoring procedures it makes much more sense, given that it appears to be more than a CORRECT = 10 points and NO = 0 points. With that said, I will venture to guess how well I did on it, and lean towards a score of 670 [650 is passing]. I didn't study much at all, maybe an hour or two, and felt the affects of that when I came accross some of the non-retail questions, more specifically the ones that asked about air flow hoods and various functions, as I have never used one.

After staring at my mouse for about 3 minutes without a single thought crossing my mind, I take notice and head to bed. Good night!

No comments: